Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

May 28, 2013

Work in Progress





Well, I did not start my focus on Saori weaving as I'd hoped. Instead, I've wound up working with a new Noro yarn, Koromo, and my 1/2 sett 12" triloom, in my old technique of combining woven triangles with crochet, in a freeform construction style.  The triangles are Koromo, and the crochet and embellishements are a variety of yarns, including Noro Aya, Nora Shirakaba, and Interlacements, along with some silk sari ribbon.

I am trying to keep Saori principles in mind as I work, allowing the pieces to be self-expressive, to grow organically.  At this point, I'm not at all sure what the final piece will be, though I am beginning to see a garment, a vest or top perhaps, rather than a wrap, which is what I've done with this technique in the past.


The beginning. Piece No. 1.





 Piece No. 2 started.





Pieces No. 1 & 2, completed.




Starting Piece No. 3



 Detail from Piece No. 2



Detail from Piece No. 1




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home