Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 11, 2016

The Matroyshka Doll Project



I received information about this from Bethany Armstrong, a poet I met at this year's Indiana University Writer's Conference.

I sent pictures of my maternal line, from my daughter, back to to my great-great-great grandmother.



My maternal lineage chant

I am called Zann, mother of Molly, daughter of George-Anna, granddaughter of Suzanne, great-granddaughter of Ella, great-great granddaughter of Anna Elizabeth, great-great-great granddaughter of Maria, Maria who was born in 1804, daughter of Catherine who was the daughter of Maria.
And so it is, the mothers I contain who contain me.
Blessed be.

2 Comments:

At 9/11/16, 3:39 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

This sounds like an interesting project.

 
At 9/12/16, 9:31 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

A beautiful chant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home