Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jan 3, 2011

New Year New Word

My word for this year: RELEASE

Yup, for my 60th year of life, I'm going to let go of a whole bunch of Stuff - inner as well as outer. I'm going to ask everything if it serves me. If the answer is yes, then I'm going to ask if it serves me well. If the answer is no, it must go.
----------------------
Over the holidays, I managed to get a lot of knitting done, several things that had been languishing on the needles and a few new things.

I made a scarf for my brother which I kept thinking would look so nice on my husband, so I made him one, too.


This is Araucania Panguipulli, Colorway 9. This yarn looked like it would be so interesting worked up into something, but I had it hanging about for ages - didn't like a thing I swatched.  Then I did it in a basketweave pattern and loved it!  This brown colorway is rich and organic looking, kept reminding me of a tree trunk.
----------------------
 A Weaving Wednesday at RiverWools
(Love my great Cafe Press tote with art by my online friend Ira Joel Haber)

I am determined not to be so busy as I've been for the past 6 months. I hope to write a bit about it here over this week.  It's been a fabulous, fulfilling, productive time but stressful all the same.

I'm looking forward to the next 3 months as my winter retreat, and to a whole year of letting go of things, of taking those blessedly deep breaths that relax me head to toe, and of devoting myself to creative work. Blessed be!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home